For those who may be interested, Canada Law Book has just published A Legal Guide to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 by McCarthy Tétrault lawyers Sunil Kapur and Kate McNeill-Keller. The guide is a convenient, helpful resource outlining and clarifying the AODA’s complexities and obligations, and discussing the Act’s goals of equality and full participation in Ontario by persons with disabilities. The guide is useful to employers, service providers, human resource professionals, lawyers, consultants and others involved in ensuring accessibility in businesses in Ontario, or to others seeking enriched insight on the AODA.
The guide covers the following topics:
- overview of accessibility issues in Ontario
- the standards development process
- standards for customer service, accessible-built environments, transportation, information and communications, and employment
- integrated accessibility standards
- Act administration
- lessons from other jurisdictions