If human capital is the cornerstone of successful enterprises, fostering a supportive and inclusive work culture is critical. But the road to strong relationships with employees can have twists and turns. These can range from human rights and pay equity matters to harassment and occupational safety issues. With the wide breadth and complexity of applicable legislative, regulatory and common law rules, expert legal advice can help resolve labour and employment issues and grievances before they become problems.
McCarthy Tétrault’s Labour & Employment Group has extensive experience working with both private and public sector employers. We provide advice on union-management relationships, collective bargaining, employment standards, corporate restructuring, executive compensation, workplace management, privacy concerns, and novel work arrangements and technologies. We regularly appear before courts, labour relations boards, and human rights and administrative tribunals across Canada.
Our group members regularly advise on:
- collective agreement negotiations
- conflict of interest
- disability management
- discipline and termination of employment matters
- employment contract drafting and interpretation
- employment standards
- human rights
- mediation and conciliation
- labour litigation
- legislative compliance
- occupational health and safety
- organizational and transaction advice
- pay equity legislation
- pension and benefits
- privacy and access to information
- responding to employee complaints
- restrictive covenants
- workplace safety and insurance
For further information, please visit our website.